Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dirty Girl

This is my horse Zenavoc (Zena for short). I went down to Ottawa to visit her today. In late November she tangled with the fence and lost. Her legs got all cut up and we had to call the vet out. I went back down there a few days later, and had the vet out to recheck her later in the week. K.B. at the farm has been taking good care of her, putting medicine on her legs every other day for the last 6 weeks. Today I stopped by to look at her legs in case she needed a check up from the vet. Her wounds actually look much better than I thought, so I don't have to call the vet thank goodness.

Life in retirement is very good to Zena. As you can see, her favorite thing is getting dirty. And we've had some warm weather this week, which has turned the pasture into a mud pit. So, her feet are caked in glorious mud!

She was happy to see me. I don't get down to Ottawa as much since I relocated, and it seems that the times I do see her are because she has hurt herself and I need to meet the vet out at the ranch. So, a visit for purely social reasons is a great thing!

K.P. and C.P. also came out with me and got to meet Zena and the other animals at the ranch. It was a bit chilly, but the sun was out so we had a decent afternoon in the fresh air. I'm going to bring C.P. back down when the weather improves so he can do some riding. He likes horses. :)

No comments: